Saturday 1 November 2008

NaNoWriMo - Day 1

Right, that'll teach me. The gauntlet thrown down has been picked up ultra-fast by Number One Competitor, sibling of a female persuasion.

For the record.

Number One Competitor: 3640 words.

Coops: 2 words (NaNo wants 1667).

I'm having a crisis of starting. The title was easy, (NaNoWriMo 2008), but an unreasonable expectation to write something of value is bogging me down. I have until midnight to improve this count, and will probably watch every second of that buffer tick down rather than write a single word.

I am also running a table of justification/excuses and how lame I think those excuses are.

Justification/excuse: I wrote over 3000 words for my serials and now I am awfully tired. I also cut down a tree. And had several beers. And I have RSI.

Lame rating 1-10: 7

1 comment:

SuzyQ said...

Revised lame rating: 6.4, taking into account the fact that you wrote 3000-odd words yesterday. You got started on nanowrimo. That's great.