Saturday 17 May 2008

Insurance quote

I rang our insurance company to get a quote on insuring the Monaro. Got that done and they offered to give me a quote for our house contents insurance as well.

It went like this:

Insurance company: “We can insure your contents for $426.32 ($200 excess with $10,000 FREE enthusiast cover).”

Me: “No thanks, we’re paying $315.00 with $100.00 excess. Your FREE cover costs too much.”

Insurance company: “I’m sorry sir, I don't think you understood. There is no charge for the enthusiast cover. It’s FREE.”

Me: “No, it isn’t. You’re charging an extra $100 dollars for it.”

Silence.

Me: “You know what I’m saying; you’re just not allowed to agree with me.”

Insurance company: “So, you’ll just be insuring the Monaro then?”

Me: “Yes thanks."

(Like it? See - Buying a new car)

No comments: